“It is not the strongest species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the most responsive to change”. -Charles Darwin
The world is changing faster than ever. Technological developments, financial constraints, emerging markets, restructuring and mergers, new philosophies and government legislation are all putting pressure on organizations to change. Yet the process of change is far from easy easy, and implementing it successfully makes considerable demands on the managers involved.
In our fast moving, highly competitive global market, change is continuously required, if the institution is to be competitive. Companies can not be on the cutting edge by standing still. The key to successful organizational performance lies in the skill and commitment of people. Hints for a powerful and effective management lies in understanding the nature of people, their behavior, drives, hopes, fears and expectations and the situation and the actions necessary to bring the best ceremony. To respect and appreciate people is a basic prerequisite for effective management of human resources so organizations have to create the conditions for fostering managers need to create structures and cultures that are positive and organic and develop individuals and groups fully to face coming challenges
Change Types: ..
this scenario basically four kinds of change process is emerging and prevailing in the economy
1. The first kind of change is generally a change in the structure, composition and management company due to various mergers and amalgamations took place in companies. These mergers and amalgamations are of three types. The first is the vertical integration, ie the merger of small organization with a larger organization. The second one is horizontal integration, ie similar kinds and strengths come together to form large companies,. The third is cross mergers, ie, different types of businesses in partnership to achieve greater market share and size.
2. The second kind of change process begins in the establishment of the new product on the market. Further such changes is done for two reasons, that is, follow market skimming to earn goodwill, money and reputation in the market. The second trend is marketing just to capture more market share and increase customer base with less price policy.
3. The third factor changes incorporated in each new leadership is introduced in the organization. This result in major shiftovers from policy to another can sometimes lead to production changes and some can attract Retaliation from employees.
4. Technological advances and the latest development is the fourth major driving force to start the process of change in any organization, because it can lead to major capital expenditures and complete transformation of existing structures
Major Preparation for the change :.
For any organization to integrate the amendment must prepare in advance and follow some of the following mentioned steps to handle Change:
1. To implement any changes primarily important factor is leaders must be respected and effective management so that they are effective enough to implement process changes easily.
2. Second, motivational processes and technology take the proposed manner and in such a way that each and every employee must be highly motivated enough to implement change easily.
3. Thirdly, the establishment must remove elements of complacency in it. This can be done by
-. Create the images of organizations conditions for current and future problems
-. Provide opportunities for employees to educate managers about the frustrations and problems
– Creating a discussion of the data and statistics are collected and form
– setting very high standards and expect people to meet the
Conclusion: .. – Change is a complex phenomenon. Whenever organization imposes new things on people there will be problems. Participation, inclusion and full communications are important to establish an effective process of change in an organization.